Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    smith_voice
    Participant

Greetings- My latest commercial homework for Art. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Erik B
      Participant

Hi Mr. Smith,

I checked out your reads, and wanted to provide my feedback.

Human Society – Good tone and good pacing. I noticed upspeak at the end of the first and second sentence, watch out for that. Also maybe add a bit of differentiation b/w abandoned, some sick or injured.

Machine Learning – good tone and good pacing, but it sounded slighly robotic. Also watch out for the glottal between “nature and”.

Zellers – good differentiation b/w men, kid’s and ladies. But the read could have used a little more pep. Imagine if Crazy Eddie did this read. You don’t have to be that over the top, but just give the read a bit more excitement.

Overall good job.

salmaperez001
    Participant

Hello, hope everyone had wonderful holidays! I have attached my Commercial recordings below! I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Attachments:
    Andres
    Participant

Just looking for any feedback that you might think is helpful, trying to practice for my Narration Demo so I appreciate whatever advice you may have.

Attachments:
      Erik B
      Participant

Hi Andres,

I listened to your read, and I thought it was good. The tone and pacing of the read are solid. Also you differentiate between sentences nicely. The only suggestion I have is slowing down, “hello and welcome”. Also may I suggest next time you post on the forum, include the copy of the read. It allows listeners to better analyze your performance, and provide more helpful feedback.

edward
    Blocked

HP LASERJET PRO P1102W WIRELESS SETUP
    HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Wireless Setup consists of Auto Wireless Connect generation that allows connecting the printer to the wi-fi network routinely without having to attach any cables or input wireless network settings which include wireless password or identity. All new HP printers may have this functionality for the duration of the software program set up process.

Mark.OD
    Participant

I would love to get some feedback on these pieces. Just started the narration track and am working to find that authentic voice while considering varying audiences.
    (Also, it’s my first upload and I hope I did this correctly. Any help is appreciated)
    Thanks.

Attachments:
    LSlagle519
    Participant

Here are a few more reads I worked on last week. The scripts are from the Harvey Home Theatre and Motel 6 scripts in the library.

Harvey Home Theatre
    He has a 160 IQ, performs cardiac surgery for a living. And now, he can even operate his home entertainment system. Introducing Harvey Home Theater. It’s so sophisticated, it’s simple. Dimensions of sight and sound unheard of, until now. All at your fingertips. Now, if he could only operate the microwave. Home Theater from Harvey, not your ordinary electronics store. Call for the Harvey near you.

Motel 6 Do Over
    I’ve just been hearing about this trendy new hairstyle called a man bun. I mean what’s next the hee hive? well Motel 6 recently got a new updo of sorts too with renovations nationwide and even with our fresh modern look you’ll still find rooms at the lowest price of any national chain so you can save up enough money to get yourself a haircut or maybe a hat.
    We’ll leave the light on for you, at Motel6.com

Attachments:
      Mark.OD
      Participant

I thought the first one was excellent in it’s authenticity. The pace was quite effective as well. I thought the second was not quite as authentic, it was a little “acty”, if I may coin that word. Your voice is perfect for both pieces and the sound quality rocks.

Logan DFD
    Participant

So, I’m REALLY struggling to hammer out my “natural” delivery, and I’ve been running around in circles. Any help or feedback would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!

Atlanta Bread Company

When you think of Atlanta Bread Company, don’t just think ‘bread’.
    Think of an entire breakfast menu – fresh-baked pastries, hot breakfast sandwiches and specialty coffees.
    Think of our Cafe with savory sandwiches, daily soups and crisp salads.
    And don’t forget…we can cater your next special event or meeting!
    Atlanta Bread Company – more than just bread.

Special K Red Berries

Putting strawberries in cereal wasn’t our idea.
    Putting them in the box was.
    With slices of real strawberries and crunchy sweet flakes, looking good never tasted so good.
    Special K Red Berries.

A1 Steak Sauce

With steak, you want to make every bite count.
    That’s why we use A-1 Steak Sauce.
    A-1 brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger.
    Mmmmm, delicious.
    For me, there’s only one steak sauce, A-1.
    Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count.

Attachments:
      Sylvanie
      Participant

Hi Logan, maybe try to uplift the read a little. I agree on adding a smile or laugh, will make a difference. Good Luck!

Mark.OD
      Participant

All three are filled with taste sensory images. Use those. Bring up those flavors in your mind. Maybe a close friend who likes food could be your intended audience. Hope this helps.

carynbell
      Participant

Hi there!

Try laughing before the reads and smile throughout and see if that helps.

carynbell
    Participant

Hi Everybody!

I’m now training on commercial reads.

Feedback is always appreciated!!!

Thanks!

FRANKLIN DISABILITY

YOU GROW UP LOOKING TO YOUR PARENTS AS YOUR PROVIDERS AND PROTECTORS. THEN ONE DAY, SOMETIMES QUITE SUDDENLY, THE SHOE’S ON THE OTHER FOOT. AS YOU YOURSELF GROW OLDER, HOW CAN YOU BE ASSURED THAT YOU WON’T BE FORCED TO DEPEND ON YOUR OWN CHILDREN FOR YOUR CARE AND SECURITY? IT’S SIMPLE. WE’RE THE FRANKLIN DISABILITY INSURANCE COMPANY. WE’RE CONTINUALLY LOOKING TOWARD THE FUTURE, SO YOU’LL BE PREPARED WHEN IT GETS HERE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT YOUR BROKER. HERE’S TO A LONG LIFE.

Attachments:
    carynbell
    Participant

OPEN TO FEEDBACK GUYS! THANKS!

AT ALMOND BREEZE, WE ONLY USE CALIFORNIA GROWN BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS IN OUR ALMOND MILK. AND WE’RE PROUD OF THAT. BUT THE WHOLE CARING AND NURTURING PART? THAT IDEA WE BORROWED FROM NATURE. BLUE DIAMOND ALMOND BREEZE, THE BEST ALMONDS MAKE THE BEST ALMOND MILK.

Attachments:
      Mark.OD
      Participant

Very nice job. The pacing is excellent and the delivery quite natural. The only criticism is with the word disability, which was a little awkward. I only mention this because its the title of the company. Other than that, great job.

SteveVO
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I would love to get some feedback on this documentary-type read about beavers. Thanks!

Script: The b****r builds its lodge out of intertangled twigs and sticks; as freezing weather nears, they plaster their lodge with mud, making a concrete layer that no predator can break through. During the early nineteenth century, the b****r pelt was the single most valuable commodity; the pelt being used for robes, coats, clothing trims, and top hats.

Attachments:
      sbell
      Participant

YOU’RE SO GOOD!!! Teach me your pacing ways!!! Your read was super clear and easy to understand. Even if you were explaining something complicated, your pace and diction were so clear that I had time to think about what you were saying as you read. I think you would also do well as an audiobook narrator.

SteveVO
        Participant

That’s very kind of you. Thanks 🙂 For this particular script, I pictured myself inside the b****r’s lodge and pictured myself explaining it to someone, while we were watching the b****r do things. I looked for a bit of a hushed tone (so the b****r couldn’t hear me :-), and I find that I purposely slow my pace down for others, to help them absorb everything.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.