Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Courtney Feiman
    Participant

Hi! New member to the feedback forum. I’m submitting my commercial homework for feedback. Thanks for your responses in advance!

Pure Barre Frederick:
    Welcome to Pure Barre Frederick. We’re open for FREE classes! Get ready to lift and tone your muscles with our 45-50 minute full-body workout that will define your muscle groups through resistance training. Our instructors will guide you through each low-impact movement so you can experience all the benefits barre has to offer: Low-impact, high intensity movements, tighten your core, and increase flexibility and gain mobility. Reserve your free class today!

In This House:
    In this house
    There is no mess
    No gossiping, nothing negative, and definitely no stress
    Never mind what happened in the past
    Putting focus there only makes it last
    In this house we ONLY dream
    It’s why we make the perfect team
    Only speak of all the good to come
    Move to the beat of Our own drums
    In this house its just like me
    We practice the dreams we desire to be
    Now in this house the things you see
    Are all the dreams that were in ME.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      maxspitz
      Participant

Hi Courtney!

I think both reads are good and you have a great “natural” sounding voice!

Pure Barre: Enthusiasm and smile really come through in a good way with this read. The only thing I’d say is at times your pacing could be just a tad slower in order to emphasize or enunciate certain words. ie. first half of the third sentence. Really really good read overall!

In this house: Another really great read! You seem to have found the proper tone and executed it well. I did notice you said “that’s” instead of “it’s” on “It’s why we make the perfect team”. I’m also wondering if the copy is more of a narration piece than commercial. That being said, I’m not sure how much that matters for HW purposes 🙂 Overall, I think you nailed it!

Hope this helps!

-Max

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by maxspitz.
        Courtney Feiman
        Participant

Thank you for the feedback Max! Extremely helpful. I appreciate it!

Sylvanie
    Participant

Hello Everyone, Commercial homework for your feedback. Will appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that I may need to work on. Thank you!

Special K Red Berries

Putting strawberries in cereal wasn’t our idea. Putting them in the box was. With slices of real strawberries and crunchy sweet flakes, looking good never tasted so good. Special K Red Berries.

Suave Commercial

At Suave, we don’t believe in faking healthy hair, with fancy extensions. We skip the tricks, and deliver real results. And infuse real ingredients. Like Suave Coconut Oil Infusion with pure coconut oil. These results don’t lie. Suave, for hair you can believe.

Attachments:
      Courtney Feiman
      Participant

Hi Sylvanie! I really enjoyed these pieces. You did a lovely job with them. Be sure to take your time and avoid letting some of the words slur together, like on “slice of real strawberries” and “fancy extensions.”

Sylvanie
        Participant

Thank you so much for this feedback Courtney! Will work on that for sure.

tojo44
    Participant

Posting a couple of reads for feedback before my coaching session on Tuesday!

Attachments:
      Rosy
      Participant

Hi,

I really liked your Salinas read. You hit the company name well and the benefits – it sounded like you really care about the practice’s patients. I detected a hint of catching your breath in places, not sure if this was due to the long run-on sentences. Maybe you could work on finding a few more places to take a breath?

Your Walgreens read was nicely varied in pitch and engaging. “After more than a century of business” almost sounded like a question, I wouldn’t raise intonation quite so high.

Overall I thought you did a great job with both reads.
      Rosy

SteveVoice2
    Participant

files reloaded…

Attachments:
    SteveVoice2
    Participant

Giant Snakes have a reputation of being aggressive.
    The anaconda measures over 16 feet and weights 180 pounds.
    Its mouth is like a clamp and an animal struggling to get free only sets the grip tighter.
    At the same time it sets its bit, the anaconda loops its powerful coils around its victim and begins to squeeze.
    The process takes little more than a second, hardly enough time to react.

Attachments:
    SteveVoice2
    Participant

They say to can tell you’ve become a real New Yorker the minute you stop looking up.
    Looking up’s for the tourists, for the recent transplants – the people who don’t have work to get to, a train to catch
    Looking up’s for the dreamers, for children who haven’t yet outgrown their surroundings. For anyone wide eyed enough to believe
    New York still lives up to its namesake as someplace new.
    But we’ve heard a different story
    We hear there are still neighborhoods to explore.
    Still places to get lost in
    Still secrets worth finding

SteveVoice2
    Participant

Good afternoon my fellow voice over students:
    I am submitting for feedback my homework assignment from my recent lesson, which has 3 reads in total.
    I realize my editing may need a little more practice, focusing primarily on voice, pitch, range and tone.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated…thank you

Few Old Masters are as enduring popular as Rembrandt and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, is proud to exhibit “Rembrandt’s Journey: Painter-Draftsman-Etcher.”
    The exhibition reveals the all encompassing scope of the artist’s interests via his paintings, etchings, and drawings. Beginning with Rembrandt’s constants and unflinching depictions of his own face, his pen and brush captured an unprecedented array of subjects

Shaun Cruz
    Participant

Hi,
    Just submitting my first ever story narration for feedback.

Thanks!

CORALINE:

CORALINE DISCOVERED THE DOOR a little
    while after they moved into the house.
    It was a very old house—it had an attic under
    the roof and a cellar under the ground and an
    overgrown garden with huge old trees in it.
    Coraline’s family didn’t own all of the house—it
    was too big for that. Instead they owned part of it.
    There were other people who lived in the old
    house.
    Miss Spink and Miss Forcible lived in the flat
    below Coraline’s, on the ground floor. They were
    both old and round, and they lived in their flat with
    a number of ageing Highland terriers who had
    names like Hamish and Andrew and J**k. Once
    upon a time Miss Spink and Miss Forcible had
    been actresses, as Miss Spink told Coraline the
    first time she met her.
    “You see, Caroline,” Miss Spink said, getting
    Coraline’s name wrong, “both myself and Miss
    Forcible were famous actresses, in our time. We
    trod the boards, luvvy. Oh, don’t let Hamish eat
    the fruitcake, or he’ll be up all night with his
    tummy.”
    “It’s Coraline. Not Caroline. Coraline,” said
    Coraline.

Attachments:
    RYoung
    Participant

Recent audition I did for a video game promo. Got a listen from producer. Possibly wanted more animated voice? Any thoughts are welcome!

Attachments:
      DillonP
      Participant

Seems pretty good so far, but could use more enthusiasm and slow down a little in your narration. other than that I think it was a fine promo that you did. Just make sure to keep up the good work.

DillonP
    Participant

It took me some time but I finally got my HW for coaching done. please listen and reply.

Attachments:
      RYoung
      Participant

Try to slow down your delivery to eliminate slurring. Your voice is friendly and realistic though!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.