Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Marco Rigazio
    Participant

Hello everyone. Here are more homework recordings. Looking forward to your suggestions Thank you! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      HillOKeefe
      Participant

Hi Marco! I really like the mix of personable and authoritative you’ve achieved here. Your tone and delivery are fantastic for the content. There’s a smidge of echo/background noise and it sounds like a couple of words got cut off… perhaps by a click filter? I only ask because I’ve heard similar on tracks using a click filter. For example, “Crest Pro Hel…” I don’t hear the TH. Overall, you have a super strong sound.

Marco Rigazio
        Participant

Thank you for your comment. Yes there is some reverb and background noise going on. I didn’t record these in my booth. Had a power surge in the house a few days ago and lost some appliances. So I recorded these out in the open so to speak. Figured for practice scripts it was ok. However, as for the ends of words being cut off, perhaps my editing was a little too aggressive trying to compensate for being outside my booth. Thanks again!

SteveVO
    Participant

Trendi.com. It’s the #1 shopping site for top name brands at up to 75% off. Great style, great value and everything ships free. Trendi.com. Everything you love, for less.

Attachments:
      Under1VO
      Participant

Hi Steve! I really enjoyed your performance, and would encourage you to push the “conversational read” even more. Pick a person you know who would be excited about this and then “have a conversation” about it to him or her.

You may also benefit from either a desser or slightly reduced gain on you mic because the sibilance is pretty live in my ears at least.

Marco Rigazio
      Participant

Hi Steve. I really like the clarity of your voice. The tone of your read was also very good. I’m finding it difficult to critique, but if I had to mention one thing I’d say the rhythm/pace could be picked up a bit. Again, I liked it very much and could definitely see your voice in this spot. I would just say a little more energy. LITTLE more… lol

SuperLuke
        Participant

Good clarity of voice! For a commercial read, this performance would need to be spoken a little faster. Maybe work on Pace, Speed, Breath Support, and be your natural self, like on overdrive with more energy to the performance?

Under1VO
    Participant

First off I want to say that I have been a fan of Edge for years! I’m excited to dive in and participate in the forums and hearing from you all. Thank you for your time and effort in listening and helping me out!

I am looking to revamp my commercial demo but would like your input on the types/ styles of commercials that my voice is suited best for. I have attached samples of a couple commercial reads for that purpose. I have also attached my animation/ character demo and would like to hear your impressions and thoughts!

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

I really enjoyed your character Demo, it suits your voice better than commercial reads.

Under1VO
        Participant

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! If I were to do commercials, is there one type that pops into your head that would suit my voice?

Under1VO
      Participant

I apologize, a few of the files failed to upload. here they are.

Attachments:
    SteveVO
    Participant

A couple different reads I’d welcome your feedback on. One is a corporate read, the other more of a narration.

Attachments:
      Under1VO
      Participant

I apologize a couple of the files failed to upload, here is attempt number two.

Attachments:
        Under1VO
        Participant

@SteveVO I apologize, I meant this reply to be on my post. I did not mean to attach my work to your post! That being said, I did listen to your audio files and wan impressed with your audio clarity. My one suggestion would be to work on finding the melody in your performances, even with this more “flat” type of read.

SteveVO
          Participant

No problem 🙂 Thanks for the feedback.

CHRISTOPHER WHITING
    Participant

Hello gang,
    I’ve attached 3 commercial scripts here and welcome all feedback. You guys are definitely helping me get better and I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Chris

JC Penney 6
    Your brain has 2 sides. The right side: creative, buys things, has fun. The left side: organized, practical, saves money. Now JC Penney makes both sides happy. It’s the buy more, save more sale. It’s simple, the more you buy, the more you save. 20 to 30%. So use your head. Buy more. Save more. Only at JC Penney.

Allstate
    Truth is, motorcycle insurance costs about the same. What’s not the same, is the coverage. Now you can get the AllState protection you need.. for a price you can afford. Talk to an All State agent today. Are you in good hands?

Honey Bunches of Oats
    It’s amazing! I never thought one cereal would make my whole family stay for breakfast. HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS. There’s never been a cereal like it. With big corn flakes and crunchy bunches of oats. Finally … a cereal my whole family loves.

Attachments:
      Under1VO
      Participant

Hi Chris! I enjoyed your performances, and definitely believe you have a great voice and the sky is the limit for you. I believe your Honey Bunches read was your strongest and your weakest was JC Penny. I felt like the JC Penny one was “performed” or “read” and not as natural as your other two. Perhaps because it was a longer read? Own the script and then just let it flow!

CHRISTOPHER WHITING
        Participant

Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I’m continuing to work on sounding natural and hope to nail it sometime before I’m pushing up daisies, lol.

Joe
    Participant

Hi, everyone ~

First time poster, long time forum reader 🙂

Below are 3 for your feedback. Growth mindset here – so, bring it on! Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      RBenesVO
      Participant

Great sounding overall. Looking at Invisalign the first “you” sounds a little like “chew”. Also there is a very apparent breathe at the end 00:26 which could be softened.

Joe
        Participant

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciated!

Sylvanie
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I would love to get your feedback on my commercial reads below. Let me know your thoughts! Much appreciated as always.

AARP

It’s right in your own backyard.
    While it may be hard to believe, roughly five million Americans don’t even know where their next meal will come from.
    In communities just like yours, there are many who need help.
    Join people across the country who are coming together with AARP Create the Good, to end hunger.
    Start today. It can be as easy as giving food or money to your local area food bank, or getting tips to start your own food drive.
    Whatever level of involvement is right for you, we’ve made it simple to find and help people in your area.
    So get involved. Go to http://www.createthegood.org/hunger.

Legos Creative Builder

Okay moms, if you’re like me, your kids…well, drive you crazy! “I’m bored,” “Can we go to the movies?” “When’s dad comin’ home?” Well thank goodness Lego introduced CREATIVE BUILDER. It keeps kids occupied for hours, plus helps them gain creativity while teaching them to develop their skills. Lego, thank goodness.

Attachments:
    RBenesVO
    Participant

Evening all, hoping for a little feedback if able.

Attachments:
    Mike Reddy
    Participant

Hello everyone. Hoping to get some feedback on these homework reads from my second session. Thanks!

Attachments:
    SteveVO
    Participant

A longer audiobook read. I’m trying to get a feel for what it would be like to do an audiobook, and I’d love to get your thoughts. Thanks,Steve.

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.