Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    mmyers24
    Participant

Happy Sunday Everyone,
    My name is Malissa and I am new to the Edge Feedback Forum. I am not performing on professional set up just yet, however I need feedback on my conversational commercial reads. Thank you all for taking the time to take a listen and comment. I am so excited to see your thoughts. Have an amazing day.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike Reddy
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Hoping to get some feedback on my recordings. Any and all comments, critiques, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Attachments:
      mmyers24
      Participant

Hi There PMuller, You have such a calming voice. Great job on controlling your breaths between your sentences especially in the Allstate one. The only thing I would say is on What is Spark and Allstate is maybe vision that you are talking to someone you know to help your message connect to your audience a little more. (This is something I too am working on). Loved the energy in your Texicon read, Just make sure that energy flows throughout. Nice job. Thank you for sharing. Have a fantastic Sunday.

Tracy
    Participant

Hello all –

Looking for some feedback on the attached recording. Your comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      Provocaleric
      Participant

Hi,
      I am new in voice over, but your read sounds clear and concise and the audio sounds like it has a lot of room tone or reverb. Otherwise, I could see hearing your voice on a training videos at a nursing facility. I’m a nurse by trade, I’ve seen my share of videos. Good Luck!

Tracy
        Participant

Thanks so much for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Jenconnelly20
    Participant

Hey all!
    I’m new here and looking for some feedback 🙂 Please ignore the quality of recording as I’m not to the home studio step yet, I’m at the “how the h**l do I record on my computer” phase! TIA!!

Attachments:
      mmyers24
      Participant

Hi Jen, I enjoyed your voice you have such a sweet yet relatable voice. I would just say watch your breaths (I am practicing the same thing, its hard but we will get there) and look to smooth out any choppiness ( I too am working on this). Thank you for sharing. I feel like I am learning so much from everyone on here.

Jenconnelly20
        Participant

The breath thing! Thanks so much for your feedback 🙂

chloeblackstone
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here’s my first post on here, it’s a practice script from the Edge library. I would love any feedback. This was recorded on the voice memo app on my iPhone, so please don’t mind the audio quality! Thanks y’all.

Attachments:
      Tracy
      Participant

Good read. I would agree with the previous comment that it is direct and clear and that it could use just a touch more of a smile. It is bright, but maybe imagine that you are speaking one on one with a new employee on her first day at work. I would also avoid “uptalk” as done on the word “factor” because it sometimes has a tendency of making a person sound unsure of their statement. Solid read.

chloeblackstone
        Participant

That’s very helpful, thanks for the feedback!

Jenconnelly20
      Participant

Hello Chloe! Your voice is nice, direct and clear. I would only suggest trying to smile more so that it comes across in your speech. Great job!

Erik B
    Participant

Hello everybody. I worked on this read, and I was hoping to get some feedback on the performance and recording quality. Thank you.

Arizona Lottery Holiday Scratchers

Shop less and scratch more with six new Holiday Scratchers tickets from the Arizona Lottery! With millions in prizes up for grabs, skip the stress of holiday shopping and give the gift of Scratchers!

Attachments:
      chloeblackstone
      Participant

Hi Erik! I liked the sound of this read. I would recommend on your next read, picture someone in your head that you’re speaking directly to. I think that will help the copy come to life a little more, so to speak. Overall it sounds clean and professional!

Erik B
        Participant

Thank you.

Andres
    Participant

Just testing out scripts for my demo, anything and everything you could have to say is very much appreciated!

Welcome to Gordon College! This tour begins just outside the tunnel that goes under College Drive near the flagpole. We will tour East campus first, followed by West Campus, and end the tour back here at the tunnel. Periodically, I will ask you to pause the recording so that you can walk to the next point or take a few minutes to independently tour the area. I will always use the word “pause” when you need to pause the recording. And I will always use the word “stop” when you need to stop walking while I continue speaking. This tour is intended to be listened to while walking around campus and does not include tours of any of the buildings. If you are taking this tour on a day when the buildings are open, please feel free to pause the recording and enter the buildings along the way. As you resume listening to the tour, remember to return to the location where you were last when you pressed pause on the recording.

Attachments:
      chloeblackstone
      Participant

Hi Andres, I think your voice is a great match for this copy! My recommendation is to slow down a bit, in general. I noticed there were a few series of words that sounded mashed together, and some words that “fell off” at the last syllable. For example “and end the tour back here at the tunnel.” Make sure to enunciate “tunnel.” I think if you take your time and make sure not to rush the copy, these are easy fixes. Overall, nice work!

Erik B
      Participant

Hi Andres,

I like your voice, and your tone throughout the read is very good. My only criticisms are the first sentence ends with an exclamation point, and I feel like you can add more energy there. Also I noticed breathes thoughout the read, maybe minimize or mute the breathes. Overall good job.

Provocaleric
      Participant

Dear Andres,
      I liked your voice, I felt a good positive, friendly, helpful and clear sound! If I had to make any criticisms it would be to try upward inflecting more on the ends of your sentences to add vocal variety.

raymazebarnes
    Participant

Good evening,

This is my first time posting to the forum. Looking for critiques on my two reads attached for my enunciation and pacing. Thank you in advance.

Raymaze Barnes

Attachments:
      Jenconnelly20
      Participant

You have a beautiful strong and clear voice. I would suggest maybe looking at punctuation and where to take breaths to carry a full sentence and idea (I’m working on this too 🙂 Good work!

raymazebarnes
        Participant

Thank you Jen and yes I will work on the breaths and punctuation

RBenesVO
    Participant

Good Evening,
    Any feedback would be appreciated after making a few tweaks.

Attachments:
      Provocaleric
      Participant

You have a clear, young and authoritative sound. I agree with some of the other postings that some of this stuff can seem dry. If I had to criticize anything it would be to give more brightness to your tone and imagine teaching a subject one on one with a student. Otherwise, I liked it!

RBenesVO
        Participant

Thank you very much. I agree on the area needing improvement.

Andres
      Participant

Really good reads! In each of them you have genuinely smooth even pacing. You speak clearly and it’s easy to understand what you’re saying. I would maybe suggest giving a little more energy to keep your audience interested, informational pieces can sometimes come across as a little dry.

RBenesVO
        Participant

Thank you. Adding the energy is something I’m working on. Really appreciate it.

Kim_Lomax
    Participant

Hello all! I am brand new to this forum. I started with Edge webinars this month and just had my first coaching session with James Andrews (great!). I have invested time in crafting my home studio space and welcome any feedback about the recording quality in addition to the read. Thank you for your time and consideration! Here is the copy:

Nature’s Recyclers – Discovery Kids (sourced from the Edge Script library)

Did you know that mold and bacteria and higher level organisms like beetles, centipedes and, of course, earthworms are all busy recyclers? By breaking down organic matter – stuff like dead plants, p**p, and decaying animals – they create valuable nutrients necessary for rich and fertile soil. Take it from me, a worm who know, we are doing you a big favor.

Attachments:
      Tracy
      Participant

This was a fun read. You maintained good energy throughout which is especially important in a children’s reading. On my end the P in p**p came across slightly hard-sounding. There were also some audible breaths at the very beginning and a few times throughout including right before “take it from me.” Could just be an equipment issue but overall a fun listen.

Erik B
      Participant

Hi Kim,

I really liked your read. Your tone and energy are great. The only thing I noticed are, watch out for glottals. I noticed one in the first sentence “bacteria and”, but overall good job.

Provocaleric
      Participant

You have a neat voice for creatures, hehe. Your read was clear, friendly and with a nice bright tone. If I had to make a critical remark, I would say to not over emphasize big favor at the end. Your awesome!

Andres
      Participant

Fantastic job! I could truly hear you smiling through your words. You were clear and easy to understand, from one beginner to another keep up the good work!

RBenesVO
      Participant

Your voice was great for this. Lots of energy, changing in pitch and tone seemed to be in the right spots. I’m listening on my mobile but couldn’t pick up any background noises or over the top breathes.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.