In the modern voice over industry, voice actors are frequently asked to self-direct their auditions and projects, with no interaction and limited direction from their clients. If they are lucky, the client may give the voice talent a written brief of what they are expecting you to deliver. What makes matters worse is the talent is often given very little time to record and submit the project. This leads to the voice actors’ daily conundrum – how do you decipher what the client wants AND produce a recording of exceptional quality without spending an exorbitant amount of time and energy doing so? After all, you may have dozens of other auditions you need to submit!
In this three-part interactive course, respected coach, casting director, and founder of Edge Studio, David Goldberg, teaches the essential and practical steps needed to self-direct your own projects, even on cold reads.
You will learn how to give your clients what they are expecting to hear quickly and efficiently, so you can win more work in less time.
These essential steps could be what moves you from a career plateau to a whole new echelon of jobs and clients. Don’t miss David Goldberg’s rare multi-week long workshop!
By the end of this three-week long course, you will learn how to:
- Anticipate your clients needs so you can exceed their expectations
- Decipher what casting teams listen for in auditions by learning how to “read between the lines” of an audition breakdown
- Gain techniques that considerably speed-up your recording process, allowing you to submit for more gigs and ultimately book more work
- Develop your skills with direct feedback from master voice over coach, David Goldberg
- Submit a recording of your work that will be personally evaluated by David Goldberg between session two and three. David will then use these recordings to provide live feedback to each participant.