One of the most frustrating aspects of submitting an audition for a voice over gig is not getting any feedback from the casting team as to why you didn’t book the job. How can you improve your auditions if you don’t know what you are doing wrong? In this webinar, former ad agency producer and Edge Studio coach, Jennifer Sims, will give you a look at the voice actor’s role from an advertising agency’s point of view. You will get an overview of how a commercial script goes from concept, to copy, to casting, and what makes certain auditions stand apart from the crowd (in a good way!).
Jennifer will show you, from personal experience, what casting directors and producers are listening for when they hear voice over auditions, what separates an average read from an outstanding read, and how even your slate can make or break your audition. This class is designed to demystify the casting process, and give you an inside scoop on how to improve your auditions.
As a producer, Jennifer has listened to thousands of auditions and helped to cast hundreds of spots, including spots for Volkswagen, Well Fargo, CBS, and Cigna Healthcare.
In this class you will learn:
- How a commercial gets created, from concept to final spot.
- What the ad agency and client are looking for when casting voice talent and why certain auditions stand out from the crowd.
- What makes a memorable read for all the right reasons and what makes a memorable read for all the wrong reasons.
- Why even a voice actor’s slate matters as to whether they book the job or not.
- What to expect when you’re at a session and the ad agency representatives are on the other side of the glass (or if they are patching into your home studio remotely).
- Best practices for introducing yourself to agencies and how to make appropraite follow ups.