Forum Issues and Feedback

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

Are you having trouble with our Community Forum? Need help navigating our website? Please let us know! Edge Studio routinely monitors the forum, so this is the best place to let us know if you have any questions.

Please remember to stay positive, and to refrain from discussions that involve direct competitors with Edge Studio’s education programs.

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    RYoung
    Participant

“This is a simulated audition for a Washington Mutual radio spot”. Was the instructions for Novembers audition contest. However in the reviews they call it a TV commercial? Which makes the delivery much different, he even says it- (Also, this is a TV commercial. If it had been a radio commercial, with no visual of Jen, the pause could make the cold-open syllables “For Jen” meaningless and confusing . Geez!

RYoung
    Participant

I submitted Wa Mutual script for monthly audition contest, however now it switched to Nissan? Which one is which lol

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

The Washington Mutual was our November script contest- the Nissan one is our December script contest. We are in the process of reviewing all the submissions from last month, but in the meantime you can start thinking about what you would like to do for this month’s contest.

RYoung
        Participant

Thanks Jonathan, so the audition contest won’t show all the submissions like the old one prior to judgement? Also I assume we can’t edit our submission like before as well?
        RYoung

jonathan.anderson
          Edge Studio Staff

I believe so- this will be our first contest competed on the new site, so we’re still figuring it out ourselves! My understanding is once we finalize the winners, and post the articles, everyone will be able to listen to the submissions.

mkell755
    Participant

Good morning! I am having trouble posting to the Feedback Forum. I can respond to others but not upload my recordings for others to hear. I have not had any issue with this in the last 3 weeks until last night. Is there something I can do? I tried rebooting, restarting and changing my password but that did not help. Thanks for your help!

Mary

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Hi Mary,

Sorry about that! Let me look into this, and see if we can’t come up with a solution soon.

Best,
      Jonathan

kfvoice
    Participant

Why is it that the edit function on one’s posts goes away after an edit or two? In all the online forums I have been on, that option is pretty standard. Is it possible to get a delete button, too?

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Hi! There is a timer on all the posts, something like 15 minutes. That gives you a 15 minute window to make any edits you’d like, and then the post is locked in.

If you post something by mistake, or would like a post taken down, you can always reach out to us in the office and let us know. As an admin, I can go into the forum and remove anything that needs to be taken down.

kfvoice
        Participant

Thanks Jonathan! I have never seen a timer on an edit for a personal post before. Thank your for the clarification.

I’ll be reaching out within the next couple of days in regards to a duplicate post.

wilddoktor
    Participant

Is there a way to know if my “monthly contest” submission was successfully received? That page has a few issues, so I’m not sure if I should submit again or not. Thanks!

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Hi! I just checked and your recording for the audition contest was properly uploaded. You can always reach out to us and ask, but if you upload a recording and hit submit, you can rest assured that we received your audio!

wilddoktor
        Participant

Thanks! It seems that section of the site needs work; no matter what browser I use, the playback of previous months winners doesn’t work. And, there’s only one previous month.

I love the new look/feel of the site, it just seems to need some tweaking.

jonathan.anderson
          Edge Studio Staff

Oh, that’s not broken, we just were not able to upload all the submissions from our old site to our new site. Starting with November’s contest, everything should work just fine.

wilddoktor
          Participant

Now that the winners have been announced, I don’t see my submission listed in the 4 pages of submissions.

ChanishaVO
          Participant

I’ve been seeing similar issues. The website gives an error whenever I try to upload an audition. I’m not sure if it’s because of the file format (I’ve been submitting a .wav file) and there’s no other confirmations. My audition is also not listed anywhere.

RYoung
    Participant

Just wondering if there is a way to notify people that they received a new reply say on a script they posted a few pages back without having to scroll thru pages?
    Maybe I’m missing this in my account page but I don’t see it, I know there’s no email notification anymore 🙁
    RYoung

AlexisVO
    Participant

Can I upload a profile pic? It would make it easier to find my replies and posts in the forum. I tried to do that on the update profile page but when I click the gray person icon, nothing happens. Thanks.

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Hi AlexisVO- our developers just fixed that functionality, so go into your profile and try to upload a picture again, it should work now!In your profile, scroll down to the very bottom and you will see the “Profile Picture” section. Select the picture you want to use, and hit update profile. You should be good to go!

AlexisVO
        Participant

Thanks for letting me know. Did you see my previous question about email notifications? Thanks

AlexisVO
    Participant

Is it possible to get an email notification when someone comments on my forum post? The old Feedback Forum used to do that but I can’t figure out how to do that here.

Thanks,
    Alexis

AlexisVO
      Participant

Jonathan, do you know about this? Thanks, Alexis

jonathan.anderson
        Edge Studio Staff

Hi Alexis- I actually don’t have an answer for this just yet. I’ll need to discuss with our developers and get back to you.

Tammy
    Participant

How do I leave feedback on someone’s voiceover?

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Thanks for participating in the Edge Studio Community Forum! In order to respond to an individual user’s recording on the Feedback Forum, you need to make sure you are logged in with your Edge Studio website account, and find the recording on the forum you wish to respond to directly. Then, click on the “Reply” button on the right side of the grey line that has the date the audio was initially posted. That way, your reply will be nested directly under that user’s audio.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.