Reply To: Feedback Forum

Troy C
Participant

Hi all! Got a couple of scripts here for narration. For these two, I tried to focus on pacing myself and script- giving the listener time to keep up with what’s being said, while not making the recording sound choppy or unnatural (but I’m a naturally fast talker, so it’s hard, haha). The other things I want to be aware of is if it’s sounds like the script is being read, rather than said aloud naturally. I also played around with lead-ins to kick the readings off. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Mic Environment Walkthrough
Positioning of your microphone depends on the type of microphone you’re using and your environment. Recording should always be done in the quietest possible space, preferably far away from noisy computers and other electrical equipment. You will be surprised how much microphones can pick up. In an ideal world, this room should also be fairly spacious and filled with soft furnishings, which absorb reflected sound. This isn’t always realistic. Not everybody has a specially treated sound booth in their house!

Timeskip Trope Talk
There are basically no stories that show the audience a completely unbroken stretch of time. Characters go to sleep and wake up several hours later, travel time is handled with a montage instead of a fourteen-hour play-by-play of the entire trip, and the number one unspoken rule of story pacing is no one ever poops. The official term for these time jumps is an “ellipsis,” and they technically break continuity, but they make up for it by improving pacing.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.