This is Edge's Intro Package.
Join over 1,200 pro voice actors who began here.
Edge’s Intro Package helps you (1) Quickly ramp up, (2) Know which auditions you’ll most likely book, (3) Learn how to record from home, and (4) Find out where to get auditions.
Offered in NYC, LA, & Online.
This is how over a thousand newcomers began booking VO work. It’s ideal for beginners with little to no experience in the voice over world – who are interested in Animation, Audiobooks, Commercials, Corporate Narration… 23 genres to explore.
Our Intro Package is designed to give you a fabulous head start based on your specific voice, goals, and interests.
And amazing! It includes an assessment with live-directed feedback – which is key to your success, a personalized plan, 3 Guides, and training classes for a month so you can get a feel for voice over, for the industry, and for us!
Want to start?
1. An Assessment to ensure you audition for your most marketable genres (choose group or private): Animation, audiobooks, audio dramas, audio guides, commercial, documentary…23 genres total! Voice actors are way more successful when they focus on genres best suited to their voice, goals, and interests. 2. Instructor’s recommendations with an action plan: During the evaluation portion of your Voice Over Intro Package, your coach will (1) give you live-directed candid feedback, (2) assess your voice, performance, and natural vocal strengths, and (3) develop a realistic path for you. Afterward, our team will review all this with you by phone. 3. Training: Come to as many of our Zoom Group Class Training “Peer and Instructor-led Voice Workouts” and “Audition Rehearsal Practice Sessions” for one month as you want! This is an amazing opportunity to meet other students and voice actors, hone your audition & performance skills, or just observe and ask questions. 4. Guidance: Sometimes speaking with someone experienced makes all the difference. Come to as many of our Career Guidance Q&As for one month as you want. David Goldberg (our CEO) usually hosts these!
Choose the Intro Package
with a Group Assessment ($95)
or with a Private Assessment ($175).
1. An Assessment to ensure you audition for your most marketable genres (choose group or private): Animation, audiobooks, audio dramas, audio guides, commercial, documentary…23 genres total! Voice actors are way more successful when they focus on genres best suited to their voice, goals, and interests.
2. Instructor’s recommendations with an action plan: During the evaluation portion of your Voice Over Intro Package, your coach will (1) give you live-directed candid feedback, (2) assess your voice, performance, and natural vocal strengths, and (3) develop a realistic path for you. Afterward, our team will review all this with you by phone.
3. Training: Come to as many of our Zoom Group Class Training “Peer and Instructor-led Voice Workouts” and “Audition Rehearsal Practice Sessions” for one month as you want! This is an amazing opportunity to meet other students and voice actors, hone your audition & performance skills, or just observe and ask questions.
4. Guidance: Sometimes speaking with someone experienced makes all the difference. Come to as many of our Career Guidance Q&As for one month as you want. David Goldberg (our CEO) usually hosts these!
Intro Package with the Group Evaluation Class
This Intro Class is ideal if you’re thinking about voice over work – in animation, commercial, narration, and 23 other genres.
It’s perfect if you’re new to VO and want to find out if it’s for you – and want to dip your toes in without going overboard. It can lead to booking work.
The evaluation is honest, the personalized plan is practical. We’re here to help. And that’s why this class is likely the most recommended class in the voice over industry.
Benefits of the Group Evaluation Class
- This is a realistic representation of the voiceover environment in which the voice actor reads scripts, the client listens, directs, and gives feedback remotely (or in the case of our in-person classes in NYC or LA from the other side of the booth!)
- Observing other students helps you develop your “ear.” Voiceover performance is approached in various ways, depending on each student’s personal nature, ability, and other factors — as you’ll see when other members of the class read.
- More than that, you will learn by observing the other students’ response to direction. You learn by taking direction yourself, but you learn even more by hearing the changes other people make.
- Ultimately, you’ll learn how to incorporate that insight into your own delivery.
- The group class is economical, longer, and just as productive.
Group evaluation classes are offered:
- Online on a Zoom-webinar – with a live instructor
- In New York City, at the Edge Studio voiceover casting and production studios in Midtown Manhattan
- In Los Angeles, at our partner studio, Voice Trax West
Our Evaluations also come with 1 month of access to select group classes and helpful guides to get you started on your voiceover journey. After your class, you’ll speak with your Education Advisor and receive all of this information as part of the follow-up process.
Intro Package with a Private Evaluation
Sign up here!
Voice over is an exciting and lucrative industry with opportunities in Video Game & Animation, Commercial ads, Film & Documentary, Corporate Narration … 25 genres in all!
But, how do you get started? There are so many different avenues and genres of voice over to choose from, it can be a daunting task to know where to begin your career. Should you focus on animation and video games? Audiobooks? Guided tours? Or just focus on commercials? Let us help!
Spend an hour working one-to-one with an Edge Studio coach – one who knows the VO industry inside and out, and is experienced at judging potential.
After, have a straightforward call with our team to review your coach’s feedback; their thoughts on your voice and vocal strengths, the genres they suggest your voice is most marketable for, and what steps they feel will most likely lead to your success in the voice over industry! Edge Studio can take the guesswork out of how to start your voice over career. For over 30 years, we’ve been helping talent find their niche, and steer them towards the right voiceover genre for their sound.
After you sign up, we’ll get in touch to schedule your session and get you up and running.
Our Evaluations also come with 1 month of access to select group classes and helpful guides to get you started on your voiceover journey. After your private session, you’ll speak with your Education Advisor and receive all of this information as part of the follow-up process.
Private evaluations are offered:
- Online via Zoom
- In New York City
- In Los Angeles
The benefits of a Private Evaluation are also terrific!
We’ll match you with a coach based on your schedule and any voice over genres you may be interested in: audiobook, animation, narration, commercial, and more. Or if you’re unsure, we’ll match you with a coach who has solid comprehension of the entire industry.
Benefits of a private voice over class evaluation:
- Some people just feel more comfortable working alone, especially when starting out.
- It’s efficient and easier to fit into your personal schedule.
- It replicates the classic voice over scenario, where the voice actor/narrator works one-on-one with a director in a commercial studio.
- We can accommodate most special needs.
Once you signup, we’ll be in touch to get you going!
We'll help you stay on track – from your inbox!
Free Audition Tips & Edge Updates!
Which Intro Package is better for you?
Details: Group Assessment Class
You can take this class:
- Via our Online Zoom webinar, with a live instructor
- In our NYC studio
The benefits of a Group Evaluation Class:
- This is ‘like the real thing!’ You’ll participate in a realistic representation of a voice over recording session, as you’ll read scripts, the instructor will listen, voice-direct you, and give candid feedback.
- And watching other people in the class is very helpful, as you’ll more quickly develop your ability to hear like casting teams. Our instructors are trained to tailor the scripts they give you based on your voice and goals, as well as your natural ability, experiences, and other factors.
- Very importantly, you’ll train your ears by hearing other students in the class, their reads, and the direction they get. This will help you take voice-direction from your own client one day.
- Incorporating these skills into your own performance is key.
- The group class is very economical, it goes longer, and you’ll walk away with a lot of knowledge – just as much as a private evaluation.
Details: Private Assessment
Private evaluations are offered:
- Private online meeting via Zoom – with your instructor
- At our New York City studio
The benefits of a Private Evaluation:
You’ll work with one of our coaches who makes sense for you, your voice, your goals. For example, one person may be interested in audiobooks, another in animation and video games, another commercials, and another narration. If you aren’t sure – of if you’d like to work in many sectors, we’ll put you with a coach who is experienced in all genres of the industry.
Benefits of a private voice over class evaluation:
- You may feel more ‘at ease’ without other students hearing you read.
- Schedule can be easier, since it’s just you and the coach.
- This more closely simulates a real recording session.
- We can more likely work with your specific schedule.
This candid and realistic assessment is a safe way to begin.
There are so many benefits to taking an Evaluation!
Whether our Group Evaluation Class, or our Private Evaluation, you’ll work with a VO professional, experienced in assessing the marketability of your natural voice, your performance, your vocal control, and your directability.
Your coach will select a variety of actual scripts, and you’ll have the opportunity to read them. And after both types, you’ll get straightforward feedback and a personalized plan.
This is a great way to explore voiceover for beginners, but there’s no such thing as a “beginner script.” The scripts you’ll read from will be fully professional – actual scripts used in the respective genres, with real vocal challenges and opportunities (more on that last part, below).
You will also explore other potential VO material that you may not have considered. That’s an important component in voiceover training for beginners. Consider: When someone asks a prospective voice actor what kind of voiceover they want to do, many people typically answer one or two of the most visible genres (such as, “commercials,” or “narration” or “audiobooks” or “animation”). But there are more than two dozen distinct VO genres, and many subgenres and other ways of specializing.
After working with the coach, you’ll have a follow-up call to hear your instructors suggested Action Plan and Next Steps. The call will be with an Edge Studio Education Advisor who is knowledgeable in the areas of voiceover where we think you would be most marketable. Your advisor will recommend the best training path and voice acting classes for your skills and voice.
During the class and your follow-up review, find out:
- In what genres is your voice marketable?
- What is your vocal range?
- How directable are you?
- Should you specialize in acting or non-acting genres? For example, if your interest is audiobooks, should you focus on fiction or non-fiction books?
- Where is your voice on the “formality” spectrum? Are you more suited to narration and education? Or instead, should you target commercials and character work?
Some of these answers depend on you. What genres interest you? Your preference will help determine what skills you can gain or strengthen in voiceover classes. For beginners, we also describe what type of coach(es) to work with, and other factors.
- Our voiceover training for beginners helps people make informed choices from the very start.
- In some cases, a person will have factors they’ll need to correct or overcome. If so, we will also mention those, privately and candidly, including the possibility that voiceover work is not for you, or if you should invest in more training before pursuing this as a career.
- After all, not everyone is suited for this. And people have the right to hear that, truthfully. Edge Studio’s excellent reputation is based on training VO professionals and people with professional voice-acting potential; we never string someone along or make any empty promises.
Why Edge Studio?
Edge Studio has launched successful voiceover careers for more than 30 years. Our training program and demo reel production are considered to be the best in the voiceover industry, for both beginners and seasoned professionals. If you are interested in launching your part-time or full-time voiceover career, Edge Studio is the perfect place to start.
Here’s why we have a helped launch thousands of people as working professional voice actors:
- Live training. We believe that live interaction with coaches and instructors is the best way to learn a new skill.
- Classes allot for Q&A time.
- Support – lots of it.
- Our team is comprised of numerous, fulltime working professional voice actors, who collectively create the feel of a university.
- Dedicated Education Advisors guide you through every step of the learning process, including which voice acting classes to take and when.
As well as…
- Train from anywhere. We specialize in training students remotely. Remote recording has become a standard practice in the industry.
- Important peripheral education opportunities. Including a wide array of continuing education classes that will teach you how to market yourself, create a home studio, develop your business plan, and hone your vocal technique.
- Private one-on-one training with working professionals.
- A flexible schedule based on your availability.
- The most marketable demos in the voiceover market today.