After all of the hard work honing your performance skills/techniques and effectively marketing yourself, you’ve secured your first big job at a professional recording studio. What’s next?
This class will ensure that you don’t embarrass yourself. A complete recording session is reviewed from beginning to end; and the expectations of the producer, director, engineer and client are all clearly described.
Knowing what NOT to do is just as important. One unprofessional act or comment, even if the voice actor is unaware of the sin, can lead to not being invited back to audition or work for that studio or production team.
At the conclusion of this class, students will:
- Have knowledge of the entire studio process for both auditioning and actual recording sessions; including the names and roles of the players involved
- Understand the expectations the studio has of the actor; and know what the actor can expect from the studio
- Understand all of the necessary actions to take prior to a session to ensure they arrive fully prepared
- Be able to list inappropriate studio behaviors
- Know what to do after the session ends