Voices over cartoons and anime dubbing
Watching animation is an exciting experience for both children and adults. Through colorful visuals and the skill of perfectly selected voice over actors, each of us can get away from everyday life while watching a cartoon or an anime.
One of the most important components of any animated video is solid voice over performances.
We Are Resilient: Marvel’s Avengers Vaccination PSAWhen Marvel and SOMOS Community Care teamed up to provide a motion comic to let people know about the value of getting vaccinated and spread word that ... Project Details »
Iron Man: Extremis – Motion ComicWe have worked with members of the Marvel team for over a decade, and in that time have developed a terrific rapport. These clients continue to come back project ... Project Details »
The importance of good voiceovers
Every character, even an illustrated one, has its own nature, distinctive features, and personality. A viewer can form an opinion about each character not only according to its visuals (clothes, movements, facial expressions), but also the voice. Intonation, volume, and other specific features of speech create the entire emotional component of the cartoon character. And to create and produce unique voices for animated characters, it’s important to engage talented professional dubbing actors.
Voicing animation requires actors to create personalities for their characters and develop backstories that add believability to their performance. Voice actors need to convey emotions and experiences, depending on what is happening on the screen.
In addition to the emotional component, the sound quality itself is also incredibly important. No matter how talented the actor is, the recording cannot be done without high-quality equipment and engineering. Therefore, masterpiece animated videos are created only in a professional recording studio, like Edge Studio.Request a Quote
Types of voiceovers for animated videos
Our studio offers the following types of voiceovers for anime and cartoons:
- Single-voice and multi-voice voiceovers. Depending on the complexity of the cartoon and the number of characters, we select one, two or more professional dubbing actors. They voiceover lines and create a “library” of sounds for each character – laughter, crying, surprise.
- Offscreen narration. In this case, the actor’s voice is recorded and put over the original soundtrack. This way, the narrator can explain what is happening on screen in a detached way and share the thoughts of the characters with viewers.
- Dubbing. The characters’ lines are translated into another language, the actors’ voices are recorded to completely replace the original soundtrack.
The importance of choosing the right voice actors for cartoons
The actor’s voice should fit the character and its temperament as succinctly as possible. This task becomes even more complicated if one actor voices several characters at once. The emotional reactions of each character should be unique, so the perfect voice actor should have a wide vocal range. Another important point is making sure that the movement of the characters’ lips matches the soundtrack.
Dubbing anime is even more difficult. In such animation, emotions are often expressed with the help of shouting, laughter, crying, and more. An anime dubbing actor should be able to embody the character and fully convey emotions with his or her voice.
Voice over and dubbing of anime requires possession of an even greater vocal range. Our company works with the best narrators and voice actors from around the world and can find the best talent for voicing your animation.Request a Quote
Stages of voicing animation in Edge Studio
Voicing animation is bringing animated characters from cartoons, short internet videos, or TV shows to life using the art of voice acting and engineering.
In voice over animation, the actors’ lines are recorded separately either in studio or remotely. Then the disparate tracks are merged together into a single recording that matches the animated film and includes the musical score, background sounds, and voice over.
In general, the process of voicing anime and cartoons can be divided into the following stages:
- selection of voices;
- draft recording;
- further voice development of the characters (accents, intonations, etc.);
- clean recording;
- selection of the best takes;
- sound and footage synchronization;
- final mixing.
5 Reasons to Voice Over a Cartoon in Edge Studio
- Highly qualified employees. Our team consists of specialists experienced with the whole range of animation projects. From famous TV shows like “My Life as a Teenage Robot” to feature films like “Panda and the Aliens”, and promotional comics from Marvel and SOMOS – we can guarantee the quality.
- Individual approach to each client. Our large staff of animation fans has many years of experience in animation voice over. We understand the needs of each client and create a work frame to meet all requirements and fulfill any wish of the customer as accurately as possible.
- World class recording rooms. Voiceovers for anime and cartoons is carried out in a professional studio in New York, as well as a satellite office in Los Angeles. For every client, we provide the highest quality audio recordings in two of the most trusted voice over and dubbing markets in the world.
- Voice over online. We offer the possibility of remote cartoon dubbing, regardless of the actor’s location. This allows you to choose the perfect cast for your animated video and record the audio in the highest quality.
- Premium service. – Free consultations, competitive pricing, the best equipment and recording studios, and a wide range of services – all this you get when you contact Edge Studio. We are not limited to standard solutions and are always ready to do the impossible.
Edge Studio brings your animation creations to life!Request a Quote
Voice Over and Audio Production that Leads the Industry!
Voice Over Film
One of the main factors behind the commercial success of a movie, documentary, or other film, is a voice over. The soundtrack should be clear, without any additional noises, and most importantly – it should make the audience feel a certain way. The best solution to achieve all the above is to order professional voiceovers by the best movie voice over artists.
Voice Over Movie Trailers
Producing a movie trailer voice over can be critical to the success of your film project. Why? Because a high-quality trailer determines the first impression moviegoers will have about your movie.
It also requires advanced security and specialized precautions to ensure the secrecy necessary in today’s film industry.
Voice Over Video Games
Video game voice acting is one of the most important aspects of gameplay whether it’s narration, game instruction, or character dialogue.
Without a high-quality soundtrack, games lose their brilliance.
Voice Over Audiobooks
Recording and narrating audiobooks is one of the popular services at Edge Studio. Our team consists of experienced narrators, engineers, directors, editors, and reviewers. With the help of professional sound production equipment, we create high-quality fiction and nonfiction titles in a creative working environment.
Audiobook narration here also comes with confidence; you’ll be assured of getting a sound that is engaging and pleasant to the ear. And more importantly, will immediately capture the attention of the audiobook reader!
Voice Over Video
A fitness video course, an animated series, a webinar, a product review on YouTube, a presentation, or a corporate training video – these are all examples of what can be voiced over in a professional recording studio. Sound is a key element for engaging your customer and delivering your message in the most effective way. A properly planned, recorded, and edited voice over for your video can become a powerful tool for advertisements, sales presentations, and all types of videos.
Voice Over IVR
As the first thing customers hear during the call, IVR is the face of the company. A well-written script and a well-voiced telephony helps create the image of a reliable business while seizing the customer’s attention.
What’s more, an IP telephony allows you to distribute a high volume of calls between operators, quickly redirect each caller to the right person, and automate customer support. For achieving the best result, it is better to use a professional voice over for your phone system. Your IP telephony will become an effective communication tool and present your company in its best light.